Heritage is about the things from the past which
are valued enough today to save for tomorrow.

Braddocks Dispensary

Braddock’s Dispensary was a combined shop and residence built in 1899 for Charles Braddock, a pharmacist who had moved from…

Location
180 Aberdeen Street
Year
1899
Styles

View Heritage Place

Brass Monkey

Long regarded as one of Perth’s finest hotels, the Brass Monkey was originally called the Great Western Hotel and was…

Location
209 William St Street
Year
1896

View Heritage Place

Burt Memorial Hall

Septimus and Louisa Burt decided to erect a memorial to their son Lt Theodore Burt, who was killed in action…

Location
38A St Georges Terrace
Year
1918

View Heritage Place

Burt Way Buildings (site)

A group of ten blocks of flats, built during the period 1940 to 1954, once lined this section of Burt Way and…

Location
3-8 Burt Way
Year
1940, 1949-50s

View Heritage Place

Carlton Hotel

First called the Star and Garter and then the Royal Mint Hotel, the original Carlton Hotel was erected on Goderich…

Location
248-260 Hay St East Perth Street
Year
1928

View Heritage Place

Cathedral House (fmr Archbishop’s Palace)

The Archbishop’s Palace is a three-storey building constructed in 1855 for the Roman Catholic Bishop of Perth, Joseph Serra. Built…

Location
17 Victoria Square
Year
1855
Styles

View Heritage Place

Cathedral of St. Constantine and St. Helene

By the early 1930s, some parts of Northbridge were developing a definite Greek character. Newly arrived Greek families were choosing…

Location
18 Parker Street
Year
1925
Styles

View Heritage Place

Causeway Bridges

Causeway Bridges consists of two bridges spanning the Swan River to the east and west of Heirisson Island. These bridges,…

Location
Over Swan River
Year
1952
Styles

View Heritage Place

Central Government Offices

Over their 140-year history, Central Government Offices have been used as Public Offices, a Police Court and cellblock, Treasury, Survey…

Location
28 Barrack Street
Year
1874-1904
Styles

View Heritage Place

Chemistry Centre

The building on the corner of Plain and Hay Streets was part of the former State Government Laboratory complex.  It…

Location
100 Plain Street
Year
1952

View Heritage Place

Chief Secretary’s Office/Public Health Department

Few places of this size can have housed so many civil service departments over its lifetime as a government building.  Built in…

Location
57 Murray Street
Year
1912
Styles

View Heritage Place

Chung Wah Association Hall

After a series of government measures to restrict Chinese immigration to Western Australia and to make it more difficult for…

Location
128 James St Northbridge Street
Year
1911

View Heritage Place

Co-operative Bulk Handling Building (fmr), West Perth (CBH Building, AFG Building)

Co-operative Bulk Handling Building (CBH) is a six-storey office building constructed in 1968 from off-form reinforced concrete with distinctive concrete…

Location
22 Delhi Street
Year
1968
Styles

View Heritage Place

Colonial Hospital

Several hospitals, some very temporary, opened and closed at various locations during the 1830s and 40s, mainly because of the…

Location
51 Victoria Square
Year
1855

View Heritage Place

Commercial Building, 132 William Street

Commercial Building, 132 William Street was constructed c. 1899 for owner Harriet Mitchell. The ground floor has been extensively altered…

Location
132 William Street
Year
Styles

View Heritage Place

Commercial Building, 21 Howard Street

21 Howard Street Perth was built as legal chambers for solicitors Parker and Parker, who were established as early as…

Location
21 Howard Street
Year
1899

View Heritage Place

Commercial Building, 309 Newcastle Street

A prominent landmark on the corner of Newcastle and Palmerston Streets, this two-storey shop and attached residence was erected in…

Location
309 Newcastle Street
Year
1907
Styles

View Heritage Place

Commercial Building, 507 Wellington Street

Commercial Building, 507 Wellington Street was constructed by Simon Bremner Alexander for Laura Trigg in 1899 as a two-storey building,…

Location
507 Wellington Street
Year
Styles

View Heritage Place

Commercial Building, 96-100 William Street

Commercial Building, 96-100 William Street was constructed for Sir George Shenton in 1895 as the first portion of a larger…

Location
96-100 William Street
Year
Styles

View Heritage Place

Commonwealth Bank of Australia Building

The Commonwealth Bank Building is a six-storey stone clad building built in 1930-1933. It was built for the Commonwealth Government…

Location
242 Murray Street
Year
1930-1933
Styles

View Heritage Place